Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Quick Quiche

Had a sick baby munchkin today. He got sick a couple times this afternoon and it made me so sad :( I finally got him to go down after refusing to eat anything all afternoon. Poor thing has to be starving. I am crossing my fingers it was only a quick in-an-out bug and that he will be ok in the morning. I hate seeing him sick. 

Such a happy boy to be feeling so yucky.
Anyway, this afternoon after I got back from work, I decided to make quiche for dinner. [This is a great recipe for leftover ham from Thanksgiving or Christmas.] My dad had given me a little chunk of the Fudge ham my mom cooked a few days ago that was so  
D E L I C I O U S. 
I mean unbelievably. It has to be on my top 3 list of best meat I have ever had. So I decided to throw it in a quiche! Yum right?! So very much so.

This is the link for the website to buy the ham. It is totally farm raised, organic pork by a man named Henry Fudge. And it is super obvious in the flavor. All of the pigs are raised by Amish farmers all over the North Alabama and Tennessee area. It can be shipped all over the country. Check 'em out.

The are having a Holiday Special right now too. Only $67 dollars for an 8-10 lb ham delivered right to your front door! Plus one pound of bacon and one pound of sausage. Yum!


This was literally exactly what I needed on such a crisp night. It was just so warm and comforting. 

Here's my recipe. It's very vague. Not a whole lot of specifics. But you really can't go wrong.

1 1/2 cup milk
1 cup bisquick mix
3 eggs
salt and pepper
onion
bacon 
ham 
cheddar cheese 
swiss cheese

You can pretty much substitute any kind of meat, cheese or vegetable you want. This is just what I had on hand. 

First I cooked a few pieces of bacon. While that was in the works, I mixed the milk, bisquick mix, eggs, salt and pepper, swiss cheese, chopped ham, and chopped onions. I then sprayed my pie plate with cooking spray, and coated the bottom with cheddar cheese. Then I poured the mixture in the pie plate and sprinkled the bacon and some more cheddar cheese on top. 

Pop it in the oven at 400F for 35-40 minutes. I would probably say closer to 40 as mine was ready on the top, but was still somewhat runny on the inside after 35 min. Popped it back in for 5 minutes and it was perfecto!

I will definitely be making this again. It would be so nice for a brunch!

1 comment:

Leave some love!