Monday, September 24, 2012

around here: It's fall y'all!

We had a really good weekend if I do say so myself! It was pretty relaxing, and the weather is close to perfect! Yay! Saturday we woke up and got straight out on the garage sale scene. Didn't find anything super exciting, you never know what you're gonna find from one sale to the next, but it was fun none-the-less. We went to go eat at Ihop for brunch and it was delish. Took the boys home for a nap and then I went out [on my own!!!!] to a cute little vintage shop in Five Points and to the mall. I pretty much need a whole new wardrobe since none of my clothes fit me from pre-preg. Ughh it's so frustrating still not being able to button any of my pants. I knew I shouldn't have eaten all of those Swiss rolls while I was pregnant. Snap! Sunday was even more lax. Woke up and colored with my biggest boy and sat the little one up in his new [$5 garage sale find] bumbo! Once Daddy rolled out of bed we took a little stroll. It was chilly but it felt so wonderful after this ridiculously hot summer we had! I made English Brown Stew for lunch. Umm, YUM! It's one of my favorite fall meals. I grew up with my mom making it and it is a super comfort food for me. Thank goodness I doubled the recipe and made enough for like 5 days worth of meals! Haha. Then I ran to the mall again because F21 was having a 50% off of sale items sale. Meaning I got like 15 things for less than $100. Like I said, I really needed that!


1. coloring with my boy // 2. baby footsies! // 3. big boy sitting in his bumbo [don't worry, not for too long!] // 4. updating my planner for the next couple of weeks // 5. flowers around the house always make me happy // 6. dancing kook // 7. weirdest thing I've ever seen... no idea what it is... any ideas? a fruit of some sort? yuck! // 8. casen trying to figure out what it is // 9. daddy pushing the boys // 10. sabrina wanted to carry anders in the wrap... this is what she got, lol // 11. english brown stew simmering on the stove [recipe is here]

4 comments:

  1. Ashley, I love reading your blog! I love how I can keep up with you and your family even though you're in another state! :) miss you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! That means a lot. I am glad that people besides my family are keeping up with it! :) Miss you too! Hope you are doing well!

      Delete
  2. You can't talk about food like that without giving us the recipe. That looks good and something my man would like to sink his teeth into on a cool fall eve. Also, I could eat your babies. They are yummy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Added another post with the recipe for you! :D It truly is almost as yummy as my babies! Love y'all!!

      Delete

Leave some love!